Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's been 6 weeks since I said goodbye to Oregon.
Six of the hardest weeks of my life. A roller coaster ride of emotions. Wondering at times if I made the right choice for myself in moving up here, missing my friends and my family. Missing my old job when I had savings and some money to do with as I wanted. Missing having a car to get around. Missing the life I had created for myself. I wanted to give up on the journey I had set out on because I was feeling sorry for myself. I didn't have anything to fight for here and while Oregon wasn't much, it was still "mine."

I had a reality check from a few friends. It wasn't really easy to hear but I needed to hear it. I came up here to do for me. To live my life and stop letting it pass me by. In my heart Oregon will always be home to me. But, Oregon will always be there too. And for now, I need to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment