Saturday, July 6, 2013

Enjoy the View

It’s 10 pm and here I am on my final flight from Seattle to Alaska. I’m staring out the window listening to music and feeling out of wack as the sun is lighting the way and showing me the clouds beneath me.

It's a beautiful view as I think back over the last five years of my life and just really realizing that Oregon really has become my home and as this chapter of my life closes and I embark on the next one I wonder what will happen and just how i'll feel.

I said good bye to my best friend last night, and it was so weird for me. I'm used to him being the one to move away and leave me. My heart sinks wondering when and if i'll ever see him again.

I also said so long to a life I have created and picked myself up not knowing what it is i'm even getting myself into and not caring. It's an adventure at age 26. Why the hell not right?

So the baby had a complete freak out. Poor little man was sooooo tired. I think we're all really tired and in need of a breather. I'm hoping that the next two days we can just relax before we really have to get down to the nitty gritty and find jobs and stuff. It's

been kind of nice not having to go to work the last week. Not so nice not having a car. But still, I get to just chill. Even though, there really was no chilling. LOL.

10:13 pm Oregon time (No clue where we are right now. Canada? Who knows) And I still see beautiful white clouds as the sun skims them with golden rays casting a halo of light and making me think of heaven and my dad and my friends who passed. The light feels like early morning. I've been up since 8 am this morning and though i'm tired, I am very much wide awake. It's quiet up here and I get to think and take a moment for myself.

It's been a long past three months. This move started off as a vacation and I can't believe that my flight is only one way still. I was told by somebody who worked sercurity at my old job to "Enjoy the view." And I think i'm going to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment